Gaspee Days Parade
Pee Wee, Rhythmette, Junior and Senior Company Members march and perform in the Gaspee Days Parade! Dance For Art Inc has a fundraiser at Crepe Corner!
What to Wear:
- Rhy/Jr/Sr: Finale costume and mits
- Evelyn and Brielle: Jazz costume
- Tan tights
- White, low cut, canvas, tie sneakers. See link for reference https://a.co/d/6e7UANj
- White ankle socks. See link for reference https://a.co/d/gjkS5Sn
- Rhinestone earrings
- NO NAILPOLISH
- Watch THIS video for Company performance makeup. See description for suggested products.
- Required lipstick: MAC-Red, MAC-Russian Red, or Sephora cream liquid lipstick-Always Red
- Center part low bun, slick back.
- Use Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Hairspray or Got2B Glued Styling Spiking Hair Gel
- Apply high spf sunscreen upon arrival. We have some for reapplying.
- Do not bring any personal belongings with you - no cell phones. Staff have water, sunscreen and first aid.
- Seniors not meeting a parent at the end - staff will carry car keys and $ for Crepe Corner for you - put in ziplock bag, not a whole wallet.
Arrival - 9am Parking Lot behind Planet Fitness, 1222 Warwick Ave
Dancers will be led to the parade lineup as a group with staff. Look for CDDS group.
Arrive performance ready, full costume makeup hair
Apply high spf sunscreen upon arrival. We have some for reapplying.
Pickup - Crepe Corner, 2170 Broad St
Parents please arrange your dancer’s pickup from the end of the parade route or @ Crepe Corner in Pawtuxet Village. There’s a DFA Fundraiser at Crepe Corner all day Saturday!
If you are not at the end of the parade when we get there , we will meet you at Crepe Corner!
If a parent is not meeting their dancer at the end of parade please email info@CarolynDutraDanceStudio with your dancer’s pickup arrangement by the day BEFORE the parade.
Email Subject: [Dancer Name] Parade Pickup
Staff will remain with dancers until they are all picked up.
Parade End = Ocean Ave
We suggest parking cars near end of the parade route (Ocean Ave towards Norwood Ave) in the AM and carpool groups to the meeting spot for an easy exit, after you visit Crepe Corner :)
- There is no parking at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet. At the end of the parade, there are shuttles from Rhodes that can take you to the Job Lot. Staff are not taking students on the shuttle. Pickup is Crepe Corner.
- There are official Parade participant parking spots near the start of the parade.
- CDDS Google Line 401-288-1232 (only available during event)
Parents call/text CDDS Google Line if you need to reach your dancer at the end of the parade. Dancer’s will not have their cellphones with them. This line is only active during the parade
Parade length is approximately 2.5 miles. We don’t know how long it will take. A text will be sent through Jackrabbit when we near the end - Do not reply to that #, only text the Google line.